Thursday, May 14, 2009

Toys

Why chickens hate evolution that disallowed them the ability to fly.

I don't really indulge in buying toys for the cats because a) they cost as much as my eyeballs and b) they don't last more than 5 minutes. Not to mention that almost anything and everything you already have in the house could be a cat toy because they're not very picky when it comes to destroying human property. For example, here's Peekaboo reaching for ANYTHING that he could get his paw on underneath the fridge. He even found himself a piece of broken glass in which he played with like a man in love with himself his PS2.

And down here is Jess with a fallen soldier who has been lying in peace under that fridge...until THEY found him.


I just couldn't resist though when I found a pack of cat toys going for a very cheap price. 2 squeaky mice and a bouncing ball for just about 3 bucks AND there was a discount on top of that. As predicted though, 5 minutes after I initiated play with the brand new toys they were reduced to trash. Actually 1 mouse was badly injured while the other one went missing along with the bouncing ball and THAT was the fault of my brothers. Apparently cat toys are also attractive to little boys in need of friends their own age. Or sleeping pills. KIDDING! Had to add the obvious because you never know if someone reading this might actually believe that I ONLY say what I mean and am nothing but a stern bullshit-less individual. In which case, we should set up a date and you could arrange a job for me- maybe yours. I am SO trustworthy and don't know the meaning of procrastination.

The squeaky mice turned out to not only be a source of joy for the kittens but a great way to make my cat Kiki (the one in the first picture) jump backwards and lose her bladder. Throw it at her and she'll run like you just released a hand grenade her way. It also works like a bell. I squeeze it, it squeaks and not a second later, the kittens come running to my feet. I wonder if it'll work on my future husband. I bought 3 more, all in green to keep for when I get married because we keep on losing them and before this I had one in gray (in which I named Misery) and it disappeared even before a paw touched it and has not been located since. Green stands out more thus easier to find and IS supposed to be good for the eyes.

They're all called Peace the Green Mouse. Clearly they wear their battle scars like it's fashion =p


This is Shero the Sheep. It is not a cat toy but Peekaboo took the liberty to do as he pleased with it and so he herded it... but of course.
When he's in the mood for that you can find Peekaboo transporting the woolly thing in his mouth from on the bed to under the table. Back and forth. Back and forth. Back and forth.



I use my mom's plastic flowers as a cat teaser. If I were to buy a plastic stick with some feathers taped to the end it'd have cost me rm10. This only cost me my mother's love.
Actually, the vase that they were arranged in was already broken by the cats and of course I was not the one to command them to do so. *SHRUG* Cats are just gracefully clumsy. So a lot of my mother's plastic flowers have parted from their bouquet arrangements and so I took these to play with the cats. They go MAD over it. Especially Ben.

Bottom line--cats will play with anything. Even your heart. So get creative and save money.

Update: And guess what Peekaboo swiped out from under the fridge? Misery! The mystery has been solved and the missing has been found.

No comments:

Post a Comment