Saturday, May 9, 2009

P, B & J

The very first thing I HAD to do was bless them with names. There were some discussions between my little bothers and I but in the end we managed to agree with names that wouldn't cause them to be bullied at school.

Let's introduce the little snot-nosed newbies!
P, B & J are...


The one who stands out the most because he's the WHITE one. Siamese-like with a slender body and long face accompanied with ash-lilac points. Generally, he'd be the one people would immediately consider cute. And hell, he IS. He is also slightly but visibly crossed-eyed! Which only adds to the urge to want to squeeze his face like lemons. I named him this just because I thought it'd be a cute name. This guy will try to eat your hand off and will try to catch anything that moves. He has a particular liking for fingers. As active as a drag queen on ecstasy .



He was the last to be named because the names my bother suggested were likely the names of felons or faggots. After some thought, he was named after Ben 10. Often times we alternate between doubling his name to Ben Ben and Benny Si Lembu (of Dora the Explorer fame but in Malay) or occasionally Benji just because we want to call him by two syllables.
A lot of people don't find black cats much to fuss over but I for one dig the mysterious brooding appearance of these dark underdogs. Usually it's in the face. But Ben here is a cliche --where he lacks in looks, he makes up for in personality. Boy, does this one have a personality to clinch your heart. He may not be very attractive but he does have a unique face and his hooked tail is imperfect but he'll lure you in if you give him the opportunity. His face is very expressive and he is a go-getter. Also talks a lot (or rather whines like a brat). During the earlier days, he looked mainly sad which made me pay more attention to him because it looked like he always needed a hug. Just like a Carebear minus the rainbow rays shooting out of his pot belly.



Tell me you've seen the British animation Postman Pat. The theme song "Postman Pat, Postman Pat...Postman Pat and his black and white cat." That's always in my head when it comes to Jess, the tuxedo princess. She was named after Postman Pat's kitty because its cute and I watch kid shows because unlike working people, I can =p. She's a lot like my own cat, Mimi. She's demure and feminine but will join in the rustle and tussle of her brothers. She likes her space but can also be very chatty. Doesn't like to be picked up much and has a tendency to meow whenever you touch her but she doesn't scratch. I think she's very pretty although somewhat fierce. She's got a full black head with approximately 20 strands of white fur in between her eyes and she has white whiskers.

Their mother deserves an honorable introduction too. So here's Mommy Kecik who is a Russian Blue. Kecik is a very nice cat although a little reserved. Moving to my house was hard on her because she was very close to her owner and they loved each other =) You can tell she's very loyal. Her eyes were oozing with sadness from parting with her owner and perhaps she's expecting him to come back. She's still taking time to settle in but looks less broken-hearted as the weeks go by. Thankfully, she has her kittens to preoccupy her so more or less they're easing the transition. I do what I can to make her comfortable here and I do like to believe that I'm slowly getting her to open up to me. It's easy to fall in love with her but she's taken more to my mom than anyone else.

No comments:

Post a Comment